09 August 2005

Billy Childish Is Dead


Tigerfest - SL records night.

Thank you to everyone who came along to see us at the Wee Red Bar last Thursday. Ash from Saint Jude's Infirmary helped out on guitar and singing again. Also on the bill were The 55's and Peanut. Please support Baby Tiger as they put on a great festival last year.

The next gig will be on Tuesday 23rd August at Nektar, Edinburgh. More details to follow.

I don't want to turn this into a "proper" Blog with some sort of "right-on" agenda but I have to mention something that made me think a lot. I watched the film 'Billy Childish Is Dead' last night and it got me thinking about how much time I've wasted towing the line. The film itself was made by a fan on a normal camcorder; something that Billy himself would no doubt admit swayed his decision to allow it in the first place. Some brilliant live footage of The Buff Medways, Thee Headcoats etc. but the sheer volume of his entire artistic work was staggering. Authentic. I just want to mention that because I'm at work....

No comments: