06 February 2006

The Folk (featuring The Gadgee) would approve


Hello. We've got a myspace account now.

See you at the gig. Looking forward to playing with the Witchitaw Linemen Alphas.

A couple of other things. Saw Saint Judes Infirmary play an in-store at Avalanche on Saturday and very good it was too. Their album is now out and it's called 'Happy Healthy Lucky Month'. It's on SL records. Liam recorded and produced some of it, sang on it, Bobby helped them out too, and I went along for about 20 minutes one day and added vocals to Church of John Coltrane. For that we've been kindly added to the sleeve notes, although I'm now in danger of giving away my true identity.

Hamish Henderson is proof that you can survive being brought up in Blairgowrie, being a bi-sexual at Cambridge, arresting a German paratroop commander and become all but banned from BBC Scotland for political beliefs as well as write poetry, songs, books and bring to attention some very worthy traditional singers and storytellers (like Belle Stewart). I think I served him in the Royal Hotel once. Certainly remember him kicking about the town and being impressed (with these working class eyes at least), by his old school demeanour and plus-fours. I've been dong a little research recently about the local folklore and songs of my place of birth. Read about the man here.

No comments: